“For everything, absolutely everything above and below, visible and invisible … everything got started in Him and finds its purpose in Him.”
We at Bradford Community Church desire to be a healthy, balanced, and purposeful church that produces purposeful lives over time. We acknowledge the following five Purposes:
- We were made for God’s pleasure, which is to WORSHIP God. We were created for His purpose. His glory and His delight. We will strive to love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and remember that worship is a life style that encompasses all of life.
“Everything comes from God alone. Everything lives by His power and everything is for His glory.” Romans 11:36
- We were formed for God’s family, which is FELLOWSHIP. God calls us to love one another as He has loved us. We will do our very best to reach out and connect with God’s family in a real and personal way.
“you are members of God’s very own family, citizens of God’s country and you belong in God’s household with every other Christian.” Ephesians 2:19b
- We were created to become like Christ, which is DISCIPLESHIP. God has given us His Word, His Holy Spirit, and many circumstances to help us grow. We will strive to do whatever it takes to become more Christ-like in our daily lives.
“God wants us to grow up … like Christ in everything.” Ephesians 4:15a
- We were shaped for serving God, which is MINISTRY. Each of us has been given at least one gift from God. We will strive to use our gifts to serve others.
“We are simply God’s servants … Each one of us does the work which the Lord gave him to do.” 1 Corinthians 3:5-6
- We were made for a mission, which is EVANGELISM. God calls us not only to come to Him but to go for him. We will, to the best of our ability, reach out to people who are lost and outside of God’s family and share the Gospel.
“Jesus said to His followers, ‘Go everywhere in the world and tell the Good News to everyone.’” Mark 16:18
We are grateful that God made us for these purposes.